Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group Sweden
Who we are
IEEE WIE is one of the world’s leaders in changing the face of engineering. Our global network connects nearly 20,000 members in over 100 countries to advance women in technology at all points in their life and career. IEEE WIE members make lifelong friendships, acquire influential mentors, and make a difference for the benefit of humanity.
WIE Mission and Activity
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organize workshops at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in IEEE WIE.
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession
- Promote member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs.
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior high and high schools.
WIE Sweden Affinity Group Team
International Women’s Day 2021
International Women’s Day provides a useful opportunity to reinforce the fact that everyone has a role to play in forging a more gender-balanced world. IWD is for celebrating the achievements of women and/or calling for gender parity.
Around the world – from small grassroots gatherings and local celebrations, through to large scale events and press conferences – people everywhere are delivering exciting and engaging speeches and presentations that reinforce a commitment to women’s equality and rally action and awareness raising.
To celebrate International Women’s Day 2021, IEEE Women In Engineering will be hosting a very special talk with an invited speaker. Find more details of the event here.