Welcome to the official website of the Spain Chapter of The IEEE Magnetics Society. The IEEE Magnetics Society is the leading international professional organization for magnetism and for related professionals throughout the world, with the mission of promoting the advancement of science, technology, applications and training in magnetism.
- We foster presentation and exchange of information among its members and within the global technical community, including education and training of young engineers and scientists.
- We seek to nurture positive interactions between all national and regional societies acting in the field of magnetism.
- Our society is committed to maintaining the highest standard of professionalism and technical expertise.
Current chapter officers (since March 2023):
Former chapter chairs
- Sept. 2007 – Dec. 2009 Manuel Vázquez (ICMM, CSIC)
- Dec. 2009 – June 2012 José Manuel Barandiarán (Univ. País Vasco)
- June 2012 – June 2014 Xavier Batlle (Univ. Barcelona)
- June 2014 – Nov. 2016 Oksana Chubykalo-Fesenko (ICMM, CSIC)
- Nov. 2016 – Mar. 2019 Victorino Franco (Univ. Sevilla)
- Mar. 2019 – Feb. 2021 Alfredo García-Arribas (Univ. País Vasco)
- Feb. 2021 – Mar. 2023 José Miguel García-Martín (IMN, CSIC)