Welcome to the official website of the Spain Chapter of The IEEE Magnetics Society. The IEEE Magnetics Society is the leading international professional organization for magnetism and for related professionals throughout the world, with the mission of promoting the advancement of science, technology, applications and training in magnetism.
- We foster presentation and exchange of information among its members and within the global technical community, including education and training of young engineers and scientists.
- We seek to nurture positive interactions between all national and regional societies acting in the field of magnetism.
- Our society is committed to maintaining the highest standard of professionalism and technical expertise.
Meet our current chapter officers (since Feb. 2021):
- Chapter Chair: José Miguel García-Martín (IMN, CSIC)
- Chapter Secretary and Treasurer: Victor Manuel de la Prida (Uni. Oviedo)
Former chapter chairs
We are proud to have a rich history of dedicated leaders, including:
- Manuel Vázquez (ICMM, CSIC): Sept. 2007 – Dec. 2009
- José Manuel Barandiarán (Univ. País Vasco): Dec. 2009 – June 2012
- Xavier Batlle (Univ. Barcelona): June 2012 – June 2014
- Oksana Chubykalo-Fesenko (ICMM, CSIC): June 2014 – Nov. 2016
- Victorino Franco (Univ. Sevilla): Nov. 2016 – March 2019
- Alfredo García-Arribas (Univ. País Vasco): March 2019 – Feb. 2021