STUDENTS' ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE : NIGERIA SECTION
The IEEE Student Activities Committee (SAC) is the IEEE committee responsible for student programs and benefits and making recommendations to the Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) board. Those of us in this committee provide important viewpoints and information and represent the voice of the over 100,000 IEEE Student and Graduate Student members worldwide. The SAC essentially consists of all Student Branch counselors & leaders, and is led by a member of the EXCO – the Students Activities Chair.
To deliver a common, high quality IEEE Student Member experience globally for lifelong professional success through IEEE membership.
The IEEE Student Activities Committee will be recognized as the global platform to inspire, enable, develop and support students as the future leaders of our profession.
- Strengthen partnership between student activities and all other IEEE entities.
- Engaging with interactive training programs and resources as a repository for volunteer leadership development.
- Use of a student-friendly information management system.
- Diversification of the IEEE Student Membership to reflect IEEE’s technical fields of interests and interdependent professions.
- Development of operational excellence and provide SAC with training and measurable internal feedback.
- Creation of activities that students are interested in.
- Development of a strategy and plan for first-year Student Members.
Identify with a SAC branch
There are over 2500 Student Branches globally, of which 27 are in Nigeria. Students have a tremendous opportunity to network and connect with their colleagues at the local and Regional level. IEEE Student Branches also have Student Branch Chapters which consist of any of the IEEE technical societies. Visit our page, to locate Student Branches globally.
Meet Our Chair
Ugomma Deborah Ogu