We have exciting news from Women in Power (WiP). There are scholarship opportunities for two female PES members in Nigeria (Student members inclusive) interested in undergoing masters or doctorate degree at Hehai University. Nanjing, China. This initiative is an agreement between the university and IEEE WiP to fund 10 young African PES members. Interested applicants should kindly complete the form: on or before 30th May, 2020.
About Hohai University：
Established in 1915, Hohai University (HHU) already has a century-old history. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education, HHU has upgraded itself with good momentum of development in hydraulic engineering and water resources as its main focus, education of engineering subjects as its first priority, and coordinated development of a wide array of disciplines.It’s a state key university under the “Double First-Rate” Discipline plan, with national level innovation platforms as well as the graduate school.The University has 3441 staff members, 1354 of which have senior titles,and 483 doctoral supervisors. There are 2 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and other 15 part-time academicians. At present, there are 51,419 degree students on campus, including 16,493 postgraduates. HHU has been carrying out international communication and cooperation actively and built close relationships with more than 80 first-class universities and research institutes around the world. It’s the first batch of universities authorized to grant doctoral, master and bachelor degrees to international students and has cultivated thousands of international talents till now.
Degree and Education Duration：
The project carries out a flexible schooling system. The standard doctorate program is 4 years, the duration is minimum 3 years and no more than 6 years. The standard master duration is 3 years, minimum 2 years and no more than 5 years.
- Electrical Engineering
- Control Science and Engineering
- Power Engineering and Engineering Thermal Physics
The applicant should have a relevant bachelor degree with the applied major or above, under age 35(born after Sep, 1st, 1985), be healthy physically and mentally. Those who hold IELTS or TOEFL certificate will enjoy the priority to be recommended.
- The copy of the passport (Valid after Aug.30, 2021);
- The copies of the diploma and degree (Chinese or English version); those to be graduated should provide the proof of graduation from current university;
- The transcript with all the courses (Chinese or English version);
- A statement of purpose, including personal experience, the professional background and research plan, 400-800 words；
- A recommendation letter from the head of the applicant’s current working or studying institute;
- Health report (Template as attached);
- The valid IELTS or TOEFL certificate (within 2 years, if there’s any);
- Financial proof (either the family deposit certificate, property certificate, or parent/ guardian income certificate).
The scholarship consists of tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and living allowance 1700RMB/month for master, 2000RMB/month for doctor, international airfare not included.
The dormitory facilities include the bed, mattress, desk, closet, chair, hot water, internet access, toilet and public laundry room.
Visa Application and Registration:
The enrolled students shall submit the admission notice, JW202 visa application form, physical report and blood test report to local Chinese Embassy or Consulate to apply a student (X1) visa to China and register at Hohai University within the appointed time on the admission notice. The applicant who doesn’t obtain the required degree or certificate as descried on the proof of graduation by Sep.2020 will be canceled the chance of registration.
Upon selection, final application will be done at: http://admission.hhu.edu.cn