Dear IEEE Lebanon Section members,
Due to the restrictions Lebanese banks have imposed on international payments and money transfers, and in the midst of the collapse of the Lebanese Lira and the national financial crisis, a large number of Lebanese IEEE members were unable to renew their memberships.
IEEE Lebanon Section memberships were all extended till end of April. In the meantime, we successfully tested a group renewal process for a small group of twenty members, and we would like to offer this opportunity to all members who are not able to renew on their own.
The Lebanon Section Executive Committee has approved in its last meeting a series of steps to complete the renewal process. In this process, the Section is committed to provide all of its members above the “Student Member” grade a check of USD 93 to cover “part” of the full subscription fees.
If you would like to take part of the group renewal process, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the http://www.ieee.org/renew, sign in with your IEEE account and password
- Verify and/or update your address, education, and employment information if needed
- Review the shopping cart and make changes if needed. You do not need to “Proceed to checkout”
- Send your Name, Member Number, Email Address, Cell Phone number, and the amount due shown in the IEEE shopping cart to the IEEE Lebanon Section Treasurer Youmni Ziadeh at email@example.com before April 19, 2021.
- You will be contacted by the treasurer to collect the amount due (in USD cash) and to give you a check of USD 93 before April 26, 2021.
If you have already renewed your membership, you are entitled to a check of USD 93, which can be collected in coordination with the treasurer.
Section members who do not renew their memberships by the end of April will be placed in “arrears”. At any time prior to August 15, 2021, when a member’s dues payment is processed, their 2021 membership will be restored as appropriate.
If you have any concerns or special requests about the renewal process, I’ll be happy to assist you.
On behalf of IEEE Lebanon section,